Preparing for an interview
Preparing for an interview primarily means taking time to thoughtfully consider your goals and qualifications relative to the position and employer. To accomplish this, you should perform research on the company and carefully review the job description to understand why you would be a good fit. Let’s look at the steps to preparing for an interview.
1. Carefully examine the job description
2. Consider why you are interviewing and your qualifications
3. Perform research on the company and role
4. Consider your answers to common interview questions
5. Practice your speaking voice and body language
6. Prepare several thoughtful questions for the interviewer(s)
7. Conduct mock interviews
8. Print copies of your resume
9. Prepare your travel arrangements
10. Sell yourself
11. Get ready to follow up after the interview
Final tip: If you don’t know the answer to a certain question, it is perfectly acceptable to pause for a moment and simply state, “Let me think about that for a moment.” The employer will appreciate you taking time to give them a thoughtful answer. Be sure to
provide specific examples wherever possible. Taking time to prepare for an interview will ultimately help you feel more relaxed and confident during the process.